Admission Process and Timeline
Generic Info Regarding the 2022 Intake Process as reference below
All applicants are required to complete all stages of the selection process before an offer can be made.
All students selected will be completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme. The process outlined evaluates a student's ability to gain from a UWC education as well as complete the IB Diploma Programme. Further information about the IB Diploma Programme is available on the College website and www.ibo.org.
Three Round of Applications
Starting from July 2021 we will be receiving applications in three rounds.
- First Round Deadline: 13th October 2021
- Second Round Deadline: 17th November 2021
- Third Round Application Cycle: Rolling
Students who submit a full application form by the First Round deadline will be considered first. Submission before second round application deadline will be considered for Challenge Day.
Applications completed after the Second Round deadline will be considered on a rolling (first-come first-served) basis. Students are encouraged to submit their complete applications as soon as possible.
All information submitted by 23.59hours on the deadline day of each round. Late applications will not be considered for the respective rounds - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any challenges in abiding by this deadline.
Note: All financial documents should be submitted by December 31st 2021 to be considered for Scholarship.
Challenge Day (Sunday 5th December 2021)
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a Challenge Day at LPCUWC, where they will participate in different group activities. The purpose of the activities is to gain a better understanding of the candidates, to evaluate their suitability to a UWC environment and for them to get a taste of interacting with current students and recent graduates of UWC.
- Challenge Day: 6th December 2021 (Sunday)
- Venue: LPCUWC or online
- Time: 8:15 am to 5:30 pm
Panel Interview (January - February 2022)
- A final short list of applicants will be invited to a panel interview, during which the candidate's understanding of current events, attitudes towards serving others and philosophy of life are explored.
- For applicants applying through the UWC Scholarship Scheme, a Financial Circumstances Data Form has to be returned at the Panel interview for the applicant to be considered for a scholarship award.
- Panel Interview Dates: early January - late February 2022
- Venue: LPCUWC or online
Notification of Offers (finalised by late February / early March 2022)
- Overseas UWC Schools and Colleges
Successful applicants will be notified of their preliminary UWC offer and scholarship award by early April 2022. Once the applicants have accepted the preliminary offer, they will be officially nominated to the respective UWC schools and colleges. Final confirmation of offer from the overseas UWC schools and colleges will be in May 2022.
Successful applicants will be notified of their offer from LPCUWC by early March 2022. The amount of scholarship awarded will be notified by June 2022.
Note to Hong Kong applicants who are currently overseas
Alternatives could be made for applicants who are unable to attend some of these selection dates if they are currently studying or living abroad. Please detail the current situation on the application form or contact the Admission Office at email@example.com.